Search the Forums

Key Word

Specialist Forums > Commercial Forum > New to UK
posted : August 6, 2011 Post subject: New to UK
Hi guys, I've just moved to UK, currently in London. I'm Australian and am a qualified ADAS Part 2 Diver, the equivalent being HSE Part 3. I completed my courses at the end of last year. First of all do I have to convert my ADAS qualification to HSE? and would anyone know of any onshore work available?

Derek M
posted : August 6, 2011 Post subject: New to UK
If you do not hold an EU or EEA Passport you are subject to the same immigration rules as anyone else from outside the UK. You'd need a work visa (if you are highly skilled or skilled but with a job offer and sponsor) and able to accrue enough points in the points based assessment, demonstrate fluency in English etc. No Inland Inshore diving company is going to do that as they have to prove there are no EC or EEA nationals available to do the job in the first place and there are plenty of EC guys looking for diving work

posted : August 6, 2011 Post subject: New to UK
I already have a working visa, a national insurance number and a uk bank account...

posted : August 11, 2011 Post subject: New to UK
Try Reach Engineering and diving Services, REDS, know that they have power station work on, and they've employed SAFs a kiwi who can swim shouldn't be a problem. LOL

About us | Disclaimer & terms of use | Contact us | Site News | Suggestions | Link to us | Advertising Info
© 2006 Personal Print Ltd