Search the Forums

Key Word

Specialist Forums > Commercial Forum > Diving Pension? from 1960's?
posted : October 20, 2008 Post subject: Diving Pension? from 1960's?
Hello, I wonder if you could offer any advice? i am trying to track down my father's lost Divers Pension - which he paid in to in the early 1960's. He has no idea where it is, but it remains sitting in an account somewhere. He knows it was a specialist pension scheme for commercial divers, but remembers little else. Are there any 'old timers' among your colle agues or cicrle of friends who might be able to point my father in the right direction? Many thanks, David Polson

Derek M
posted : December 11, 2008 Post subject: Diving Pension? from 1960's?
The Department for Works and Pensions runs its own free pensions tracing service to help people who have lost track of a pension scheme.
They should be able to provide contact details of the pension scheme.
You will need to know the name of the employer or pension scheme. Given you have asked what pension scheme exists, the employer will be the option in this case.

There is an online form at or write for details to;
The Pensions Tracing Service
The Pensions Service
Tyneview Park
Whitley Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE98 1BA
Tel 0845 6002 537.

There has never been a divers pension scheme that I know of and I would suspect maybe your father worked for one of the Docks and Harbour Authorities around the UK which were at one time owned by the government, or maybe worked for the Ministry of Defence.

Hope you have some success.

About us | Disclaimer & terms of use | Contact us | Site News | Suggestions | Link to us | Advertising Info
© 2006 Personal Print Ltd