Medical Forum
This not an emergency service, in case of a diving incident, please contact your local Coastguard, nearest recompression chamber or emergency services.
New Question
Specialist Forums > Medical Forum
Posted : January 23, 2006
I am a Paddy open water diver and have been diving for about 10years with about 70 dives to my name and at the age of 55 require a the 2year medical cert to keep up my diving. The question I have is that my job, a Marine Engineer also requires a strict medical (ENG 1) for the M.C.A (Maritime & Coastguard Agency) that last two years. Would this be acceptable as a diving medical? Hope to hear from you. Chris

Posted : January 24, 2006
No it would not, its best you see a dive doc for the medical as it has to be specific to underwaqter conditions.
Dr J
Answer provided by Dr Oliver Firth
Dr Ollie Firth
The views expressed by Dr Firth & Dr Jules are their own and the publishers accept no liability for the advice and views expressed by Dr Firth , Dr Jules, or other users, which are provided as a general service to divers. Users are warned that secondary posts are the views of other users and may not be medically correct.
About us | Disclaimer & terms of use | Contact us | Site News | Suggestions | Link to us | Advertising Info
© 2006 Personal Print Ltd