The Underwater Centre


Commercial Diving Q and A Forum

New Question
Specialist Forums > Commercial Diving Q&A Forum
Posted : August 20, 2007
Hi,I'm planning on doing a Commercial Diver-Scuba course early next year.I don't have any previous diving experience,so I was hoping to find out what training manuals are used on the course and are they available to buy before doing the course so I can get a head start on the theory.
Some of the manuals I've found are.

Scuba Diving
Scuba Diver's Sign Language Manual
Dry Suit Diving - A Guide to Diving Dry 4th Ed.
Scientific and archaeological diving projects:Reg
Media diving projects: Regulations


Posted : August 23, 2007
I hope you have done some research because there is a very limited market for SCUBA diving in the commercial industries. The vast majority of commercial diving is done using Surface Supplied Equipment. As far as books are concerned there is none which cover the HSE syllabus other than course manuals. If I were you I would join a local club or do an open water course before shelling out for the course.
Answer provided by Alf Leadbitter, The Underwater Centre

Alf Leadbitter
The views expressed by the author are their own and the publishers accept no liability for the advice and views expressed by the author, or other users, which are provided as a general service to divers. Users are warned that secondary posts are the views of other users and may not be technically correct.
About us | Disclaimer & terms of use | Contact us | Site News | Suggestions | Link to us | Advertising Info
© 2006 Personal Print Ltd