Search the Forums

Key Word

Specialist Forums > Commercial Forum > Working in the u.k.
posted : December 5, 2013 Post subject: Working in the u.k.
Hi all,
My mate did his part iv course in South Africa he wants to do part 1 in the U.K.
He has been working for 5 years and has roughly a 1000 dives logged in a variety of conditions, will this experience be recognised in the U.K.?

posted : December 7, 2013 Post subject: Working in the u.k.
To be sure, ask ali from the underwater centre on the 'commercial q&a' part of this forum.
Dunno if it has changed in the last while, but this type of thing used to be covered by an 'ERCA' course in ft Bill many years ago. It stood for Experience Route competence Assesment' or similar, and was basically a week or so 'assessing' an experienced diver from overseas who had experience, but no accepted certification. Cost less, and took less time than doing the full course.
If it isn't in place anymore, you will probably have to pay and do the course.

About us | Disclaimer & terms of use | Contact us | Site News | Suggestions | Link to us | Advertising Info
© 2006 Personal Print Ltd