Technical q&a Forum

New Question
Specialist Forums > Technical Q&A Forum
Posted : September 18, 2007
Good day Andrew, Part of my work when I was in South Africa, was to dive on electronic systems in False Bay. Now being in the UK have no use for the extensive commercial diving qualification. I have a class 4 commercial qualification from University of CT, and also about 70 hours dive time between 5m and 30m. Please tell me how I can get a convertion to a sports diving license.

Posted : November 19, 2007
The simple answer i'm affraid is to talk to a near by diving shop and enroll on an entry level diving programme. The kit and skills are very different.

Yes your a highly qualified diver, however you had a lot of support. You will sail through your training to your second/third courses and will be up for diving 18m diving thence 30m diving with a short series of Open Water Diver and Advanced Open Water Diver qualifications (or equivalent).

Like me you'll enjoy the change !!!

Best regards, Andrew
Answer provided by ADM Diving

Andrew Dawson-Maddocks
The views expressed by the author are their own and the publishers accept no liability for the advice and views expressed by the author, or other users, which are provided as a general service to divers. Users are warned that secondary posts are the views of other users and may not be technically correct.
About us | Disclaimer & terms of use | Contact us | Site News | Suggestions | Link to us | Advertising Info
© 2006 Personal Print Ltd