Medical Forum
This not an emergency service, in case of a diving incident, please contact your local Coastguard, nearest recompression chamber or emergency services.
New Question
Specialist Forums > Medical Forum
Posted : September 12, 2011
How do i as a doc get training+qualified to do recreational and/or diving medicals?

Posted : October 20, 2011
Sorry for the late reply.

Best advice is to do one of the basic courses in diving medicine, which are run in Plymouth at DDRC, Aberdeen or by the Institute of Naval Medicine. PADI don't require a doctor to have any diving medicine background to sign forms, but to become a referee for the UK Sport Diving Medical Committee (which advises BSAC), you need to have completed an approved course in diving medicine, and undergo refresher training at regular intervals.

Regards, Dr O
Answer provided by Dr Oliver Firth
Dr Ollie Firth
Additional Comment

Posted : February 2, 2020 by - USA
The views expressed by Dr Firth & Dr Jules are their own and the publishers accept no liability for the advice and views expressed by Dr Firth , Dr Jules, or other users, which are provided as a general service to divers. Users are warned that secondary posts are the views of other users and may not be medically correct.
About us | Disclaimer & terms of use | Contact us | Site News | Suggestions | Link to us | Advertising Info
© 2006 Personal Print Ltd