Medical Forum
This not an emergency service, in case of a diving incident, please contact your local Coastguard, nearest recompression chamber or emergency services.
New Question
Specialist Forums > Medical Forum
Posted : January 18, 2008
Hi Doc
I need some information on medical certs. i am due to dive in marsa alam soon and the dive centre atthe resort states i need a medical cert as i am over 40.Can i get one from my GP or do i need to see a specialist. I am in good health and have no illnesses. I live in Sheffield.

Your help would be appreciated

Posted : January 21, 2008
Hi. Your GP may be happy to complete the PADI form for you (any doctor can do it) but often they are unwilling to as diving medicine is a bit of a specialised area. If that is the case then there should be a dive doc near Sheffield you can see - have a look on the UKSDMC website.
Regards, Dr O
Answer provided by Dr Oliver Firth
Dr Ollie Firth
The views expressed by Dr Firth & Dr Jules are their own and the publishers accept no liability for the advice and views expressed by Dr Firth , Dr Jules, or other users, which are provided as a general service to divers. Users are warned that secondary posts are the views of other users and may not be medically correct.
About us | Disclaimer & terms of use | Contact us | Site News | Suggestions | Link to us | Advertising Info
© 2006 Personal Print Ltd