Medical Forum
This not an emergency service, in case of a diving incident, please contact your local Coastguard, nearest recompression chamber or emergency services.

All questions are answered by Dr Oliver Firth, one of the doctors at the London Diving Chamber. Dr Firth has had a wide variety of experience as a doctor in both the UK and Australia. He writes regularly for ‘Sport Diver’ Magazine and gives talk on hyperbaric medicine.

Because of the confidential and sensitive nature of advice given in the medical forum, questions DO NOT post direct to the forum page but are sent to the doctor for his comment and reply. Once a reply has been sent, both the question and answer will post to the forum page.

Questions are shown in Red and the answer from Dr Firth is shown in Blue. Once an answer is posted, it is then possible for other users to post additional comments, these are shown in black.

New Question      
topics
Replies
Views
Last Post
Question - I recently had my 2nd Kidney Transplant Operation on 23rd December 2005, how would you advice me if I can return to diving? My transplant surgeon ...

Question - My friend is looking to learn to dive. She is 23 now and when she was a child had a grommet put in her right ear. She did a try-dive without any ...

Question - hi - I am a Paddy Open Water diver with about 25 dives under my belt. The last few dives I did have been a nightmare - I get very dizzy spells und ...

Question - Hi I am a Paddy open water diver and have been diving for about 10years with about 70 dives to my name and at the age of 55 require a the 2ye ...

Question - Hi. I have light asthma which is brought on by hayfever type allergies (pollen, dogs, horses etc). Do I need to declare this asthma if I want to ...

Question - Hello! I'm a divemaster, and hopefully will be diving this easter. However, early december my GP diagnosed me with pluracy. I have since been on ...

Question - Jules, I am an advanced PADI qualified diver and have completed 50+ dives. In September last year I had a Caroitid Artery Dissection caused by ...

Question - I went diving in Lanzarote and while i was there i decied to do some diving 08/12/05. Since then i seem to have some water trapped in my middle ea ...

Question - Can you tell me what effect an allergic reaction could have on a diver underwater?
If you've already had my question, sorry, I just wondered if I completed this correctly as I hadn't had a reply. Back in July I went unconscious u ...

Question - Can you please explain the physiological and medical aspects of immersion/ the "Diving Reflex" and the respiratory physiology of SCUBA. Many thank ...

Question - I have a friend who suffered from asthma when she was young, but she now rarely experiences any relapse. She has taken part in diving on 2 occasio ...
18 December Sunday, 1:23 AM
Question - Is it OK to dive on the same day as my flight back to the UK? Should I stick to a depth limit or not dive at all?
Question - Am I right in thinking that treatment for DCS is on the NHS or do some Chambers bill the diver afterwards?
More forum pages:
Go to page- << Prev Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Disclaimer:
The views expressed by Dr Firth & Dr Jules are their own and the publishers accept no liability for the advice and views expressed by Dr Firth , Dr Jules, or other users, which are provided as a general service to divers. Users are warned that secondary posts are the views of other users and may not be medically correct.