The Underwater Centre


Commercial Diving Q and A Forum

New Question
Specialist Forums > Commercial Diving Q&A Forum
Posted : September 26, 2016
Are there many Commercial Diving opportunities in London for a ADAS Level 3 Diver moving from Australia to the UK??
Been in the commercial diving Industry for 4 years. Really enjoy it. Planning to move to London. Wanting to know how easy it is to change Qualification over to HSE? And if there is enough work to make it worth pursuing over there?
Thanks in Advance.
Posted : September 29, 2016
We have had feedback from a couple of our previous students who have gone on to work in the London area. There is on-going work in the Thames estuary and in the canals and waterways.
There is also work further afield in the UK with work in the renewable energy sector like the Hornsea 1 project off the East Coast and other companies who employ divers for the civils and renewable sector.
The HSE will not issue you with a crossover certificate but you will be able to work with the ADAS Level 3 certificate. Alternatively you could attend an HSE Experience & Competence Assessment Course which is an assessment only course which enables you to gain the HSE qualifications.
If you were wanting to increase your career opportunities by getting additional qualifications you could always consider an HSE Closed Bell course.
Good luck Ali
Answer provided by Ali MacLeod, The Underwater Centre

Ali MacLeod
The views expressed by the author are their own and the publishers accept no liability for the advice and views expressed by the author, or other users, which are provided as a general service to divers. Users are warned that secondary posts are the views of other users and may not be technically correct.
About us | Disclaimer & terms of use | Contact us | Site News | Suggestions | Link to us | Advertising Info
© 2006 Personal Print Ltd