The Underwater Centre


Commercial Diving Q and A Forum

New Question
Specialist Forums > Commercial Diving Q&A Forum
Posted : September 13, 2015
Looking to change career path and needing advice
I am looking to get into commercial diving and am looking for some advice. I have been a chef for 17 years and currently own a restaurant in the Highlands but am looking to change my career path into commercial diving, mainly scallop diving. I would like to know the best place to start. I am committed 100%, thank you
Posted : February 10, 2016
To get into scallop/shellfish diving then you would be looking at the HSE Scuba certificate. We offer this course periodically throughout the year. The course is 4 weeks duration and includes First Aid at Work too.
To attend you require an HSE Diving medical first and you can get this done by any HSE Approved diving doctor in the UK.
If you would like to contact me on then I can give more in-depth info on the course dates and availability and keep you up to date with the latest info, as well as providing more detailed careers advice.
Answer provided by Alf Leadbitter, The Underwater Centre

Alf Leadbitter
The views expressed by the author are their own and the publishers accept no liability for the advice and views expressed by the author, or other users, which are provided as a general service to divers. Users are warned that secondary posts are the views of other users and may not be technically correct.
About us | Disclaimer & terms of use | Contact us | Site News | Suggestions | Link to us | Advertising Info
© 2006 Personal Print Ltd