The Underwater Centre


Commercial Diving Q and A Forum

New Question
Specialist Forums > Commercial Diving Q&A Forum
Posted : November 24, 2014
Question - how do i get my self started?!
Hi, i currently have graduated from a commercial diving school and recieved the ADCI open water/tender certificate and the korean issued commerical diving license also i have a SSI master license, i am working on getting a NEBOSH IGC certificate.

What i want to become is an underwater inspector! But really thats all i have and know, can i apply for the TWI cswip 3.1u ? Or do i need additional training?? What are the equivalent acceptable license to apply for the cswip 3.1u and any advice would be great!

Thank you
Posted : December 12, 2014
There is no alternative to CSWIP certification for underwater inspection, The Underwater Centre and TWI are the only approved trainers for 3.1U preparatory training anywhere in the world to-date, which means attending courses either in Fort William for The Underwater Centre or Middlesbrough or Thailand for TWI.

CSWIP only accepts HSE or its equivalent surface supplied diver training certificates for 3.1U or 3.2U preparatory training, which means The Underwater Centre and TWI can only accept that certification. Visit this link regarding appropriate CSWIP scheme documents for details of which certification is acceptable:

If you would like to convert your existing commercial diving qualification from ADCI to HSE then you can do this on a 3 week Experience and Competence Assessment Course, if you have the required amount of pre-requisite dives. For more information on this visit our website here
Answer provided by Alf Leadbitter, The Underwater Centre

Alf Leadbitter
The views expressed by the author are their own and the publishers accept no liability for the advice and views expressed by the author, or other users, which are provided as a general service to divers. Users are warned that secondary posts are the views of other users and may not be technically correct.
About us | Disclaimer & terms of use | Contact us | Site News | Suggestions | Link to us | Advertising Info
© 2006 Personal Print Ltd