The Underwater Centre

Commercial Diving Q and A Forum

All questions are answered by Alf Leadbitter, Dive Training Manager or Ali MacLeod Assistant Dive Training Manager at The Underwater Centre. Now a commercial instructor Alf has 15 years experience as a commercial diver where he worked his way up to Sat Diving Supervisor and Oil Company Rep. Ali has been diving for 16 years and is a qualified Diver, Dive Supervisor and Diver Medic. The Underwater Centre is the only centre to offer all the HSE commercial diving qualifications from Scuba to Closed Bell (Saturation Diving) as well as industry tailored skills courses, Diver Medic courses and Assistant Life Support Technician courses.

Questions posted to the Commercial Diving Q & A forum page are sent to the Underwater Centre for comment and reply. Once a reply has been sent, both the question and answer will post to the forum page.

Questions are shown in Red and the answer from the Underwater Centre is shown in Blue. Once an answer is posted, it is then possible for other users to post additional comments, these are shown in black.

New Question      
topics
Replies
Views
Last Post
Question - Hi I'm due to join the Royal navy as a marine engineer for at least 4 years. After that I want to become a commercial diver. How long will the ind ...
2 June Monday, 3:09 PM
Question - Hello. I am currently offshore on multi role/cargo vessels, I have all my tickets for the deck ( AB DC Cox AMA ect ) but am looking for more of a ...
Years at sea. Spearfisherman. Freediver. 33 years old.
29 May Thursday, 11:49 AM
Question - hi i have read the diving pakages at fort william and was wandering which one you recommend i ahve never dived before, also i was wondering if i ...
9 May Friday, 9:52 AM
Question - Hi Guys, Whats your opinion on a diving career later in life..? l have compleated 14 years as a firefighter and am looking for a change in career ...
9 May Friday, 9:43 AM
Question - hello im currently a qualified rescue diver and am thinking of going down the commercial line of diving as im a keen diver and ready for a new cha ...
14 March Friday, 10:06 AM
Question - I'm serving in the royal navy as a diver. and am looking to make the change into the commercial world and working offshore can anyone give me any ...
14 March Friday, 9:55 AM
Question - Hi Alf,at what age does the industry call time on your diving ? whats the oldest you have known for people still getting wet.Leo.ps hows do do
14 March Friday, 9:45 AM
Question - how to go about accessing funding?
I am currently employed in the construction industry but have a better career opportunity which needs me to undertake the commercial surface diver ...
13 February Wednesday, 10:29 AM
Question - hiya.i m 33years and im marine engineer.i want to do the premium industry pakage in fort william.how i know that i m medically fit,is there any me ...
8 February Friday, 5:48 PM
Question - Hi. I have alredy booked a premium packedge course to start at the end of march. The thing is I have been researching about commercial diving ...
23 January Wednesday, 2:26 PM
Question - hi, i wonder if you could help me ? i rang up fort william and asked how old you had to be to start the courses and they told that i could only do ...
7 November Wednesday, 11:11 AM
Question - Hi Guys! I've just had reconstructive surgery and want to undertake a career as a commercial diver. I'm worried that I might not pass the medica ...
7 November Wednesday, 10:17 AM
Question - Hi, I am currently giving serious thought to enrolling onto the 50m offshore air diver ADAS part 3 qualification in Tasmania. Upon completion of t ...
19 October Friday, 12:54 PM
Question - I am 24 years old and interested in training for a career in commercial diving. I am a member of my local diving club.I have just graduated from u ...
1 October Monday, 10:43 AM
Question - I have paassed the age where commerial diving is an option, but Dive Medic //chamber operator may still be a possibitiy/ Can you qualify as a non ...
29 September Saturday, 11:30 AM
More forum pages:
Go to page- << Prev Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next Page >>
Disclaimer:
The views expressed by the author are their own and the publishers accept no liability for the advice and views expressed by the author, or other users, which are provided as a general service to divers. Users are warned that secondary posts are the views of other users and may not be technically correct.