The Underwater Centre

Commercial Diving Q and A Forum

All questions are answered by Alf Leadbitter, Dive Training Manager or Ali MacLeod Assistant Dive Training Manager at The Underwater Centre. Now a commercial instructor Alf has 15 years experience as a commercial diver where he worked his way up to Sat Diving Supervisor and Oil Company Rep. Ali has been diving for 16 years and is a qualified Diver, Dive Supervisor and Diver Medic. The Underwater Centre is the only centre to offer all the HSE commercial diving qualifications from Scuba to Closed Bell (Saturation Diving) as well as industry tailored skills courses, Diver Medic courses and Assistant Life Support Technician courses.

Questions posted to the Commercial Diving Q & A forum page are sent to the Underwater Centre for comment and reply. Once a reply has been sent, both the question and answer will post to the forum page.

Questions are shown in Red and the answer from the Underwater Centre is shown in Blue. Once an answer is posted, it is then possible for other users to post additional comments, these are shown in black.

New Question      
topics
Replies
Views
Last Post
Question - hi.. i am abhay sondur from india.i am planning to do the premium industry course at the underwater center in the uk. i wanted to know what kind o ...
30 September Wednesday, 9:13 PM
Question - Hi .if you wanted to boost your career chances would you suggest DIVER MEDIC or completing the welding course at midlesborugh. I know experience ...
30 September Wednesday, 9:06 PM
Question - Hey guys. This may have been asked before, but I can't find a decent answer on the boards. Going to do my HSE Part 4 in October, was hoping of get ...
21 September Monday, 11:22 AM
Question - hi guys, just a quick one. i am wondering if you can give me a very rough idea of how long it is currently taking newly quilified commercial diver ...
also, if possible can you tell me ( again - roughly ) if 'ALL' newly qualified divers 'are actualy getting jobs'. many many thanks. ( I only ask ...
15 August Saturday, 6:49 PM
Question - Hi, After i sit my premium industry course in january what additional courses are available? If anybody has any useful info that could help me to ...
13 July Monday, 10:33 PM
Question - I am a time served welder and coded to 6G standard, i am doing the premium industry diving course starting in january. what are the prospects of e ...
24 June Wednesday, 5:36 PM
Question - I am currently serving in the armed forces (royal engineers) and am leaving towards the end of the year. I am very much intrested in starting a ca ...
11 June Thursday, 1:34 PM
Question - Hi Alf am aktar 27 yrs old ex army man competition swimmer first aider and lifeguard diving instructor cmas 2 star with more than 5000 dive includ ...
11 June Thursday, 1:17 PM
Question - Hi i am a 29 year old joiner, a friend has been telling me about becoming an assisant life support technician. I was wondering if it was possible ...
27 May Wednesday, 4:39 PM
Question - Hi im currently in the royal navy training to be a marine engineer. I was thinking after 5 years going into the commercial diving world but i woul ...
20 April Monday, 11:36 AM
Question - Why is it so hard for classIII commercial diver to get a job??I live in South Africa,and has been a commercial diver for 8 years.Diving in SA is n ...
I'm a father of 3 tiny children and can't afford to sit without a job!Been working in Africa for a year,but company is closing down.Do you have an ...
18 March Wednesday, 11:01 AM
Question - I am looking at a new career in commercial diving and the training required for this to happen.The premium dive package sounds great but as I am f ...
11 March Wednesday, 3:55 AM
Question - alst course
i'm looking at taking the alst course and was wondering what are the chances of finding employment in this field i'm a reacreational diver with 45 ...
3 March Tuesday, 2:20 PM
Question - I am looking to move into a Commercial Diving Career at the age of 33yrs. My background is within the oil/shipping Industry but more office based ...
24 February Tuesday, 9:36 AM
Question - hi . could you tell me if the south african surface supplied qualification differs any from the the UK one please ? i know its recognised by the H ...
24 February Tuesday, 9:34 AM
More forum pages:
Go to page- << Prev Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next Page >>
Disclaimer:
The views expressed by the author are their own and the publishers accept no liability for the advice and views expressed by the author, or other users, which are provided as a general service to divers. Users are warned that secondary posts are the views of other users and may not be technically correct.